- 🏳 when to quit working on an idea, and move on
- 💁♂️ the importance of getting to know your early users
- 👀 how to validate your idea with data before building anything
- 🤑 ways to start a software business and get revenue, before writing code
- 💸 the importance of experimenting with different pricing models
- and much more 🦋
Receive these details with each episode delivered directly to your inbox, every week!
Extra Extra – go deeper on topics from this episode
- Pricing and rake strategies for marketplaces – Bill Gurley, legendary VC @ Benchmark, published this excellent piece on how to approach pricing as a marketplace. My last startup was a marketplace, I would reference this often when modeling different pricing strategies. It’s very tricky to keep your rake low to reduce supply-side friction, while also maintaining favorable unit economics to acquire both the supply and demand sides of your marketplace. Bill knows marketplaces very well given years of experience in the space, he was really early in cos like eBay, Uber, and others. Great book about Bill and the founding of Benchmark, eBoys.
- Remote work is the new LaCroix in 2019 – let that one sink in… companies are becoming more and more comfortable hiring remote workers. This is what allows for products like Moonlight to thrive. Here’s a list of 900+ Startups that are hiring remotely.
Available on your favorite podcast apps
Get the story directly from the Makers themselves. You can find the latest episodes on all of the top podcasting apps and platforms.